Come early to our August Chapter Meeting and volunteer with our host Northwest Harvest!
We'll need a headcount for the folks who volunteer, so if you are interested, please register for both the volunteer portion of the meeting from 10am-12pm and the chapter meeting from 12-3pm.
Please arrive early for check-in. Personal items can be stored in the NAVUG meeting room or in the lockers provided for volunteers.Details About Volunteering at Northwest Harvest:
The following details are provided by the Northwest Harvest volunteer coordination group.
Volunteer Duties: At the warehouse, volunteers help us by repacking bulk food into family-sized portions, as well as sorting food drive donations. This food is distributed throughout our network of more than 375 food banks, meal programs, and high need schools. Volunteers should be prepared to wear a hair net and gloves during their shift with us.
- Orientation will begin promptly at the start of each shift and is required for all volunteers. Please ask your group to arrive a few minutes early to get signed in.
- It is important that all volunteers start and finish together. Our work is done assembly-line fashion and all volunteers work as a team.
Our Dress Code:
- JEWELRY: Please leave ALL jewelry, including watches and Fitbits, at home. Jewelry may not be worn while packing food. (Rings and medical jewelry are okay.)
- SHOES: Closed-toe shoes are required. (No sandals or flip flops of any kind permitted—including sandals with socks.) Volunteers without closed-toe shoes will not be able to participate.
- CLOTHING: Sleeves must completely cover underarms. Tank tops, sleeveless shirts, and even cap sleeves are not permitted in the food packing rooms. (Short sleeves are fine as long as underarms are completely covered.)
When Not To Come: The safety and wholesomeness of the food we handle is always our primary concern, and we ask that you please do not come if you are sick.
For more details, check out the following Northwest Harvest links: